Nowadays, with the easy access internet everywhere, there are many websites have been developed from any city and even any country around the world. Some of them might be good but some might not. So, how to permanently block a website from your computer? This is especially those kind of website with the in-appropriate contain. Well, you can follow these few simple steps that will help you on having those in-appropriate websites permanently blocked from your computer so that you or anyone who are going to access it from your computer will never be able to open it.
- Have your laptop or your computer ON, and then make sure to find the program on the system. In this case you need to check whether the system is stored or installed in the drive C or in the other drive. However, if it is installed in the Drive C then you can follow this step. Go to the C:\wondows\System32\drivers\etc. If the system is installed in D then you just have to change it into D:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc. it could be in any drive.
- Click on the Hosts option twice, until there is a pop-up on the display that let you choose the kind of program to open the file with. Make sure to have Notepad to open it. There you will see another pop-up or more like a prompt on the display that will show you the tools where you are going to put the website address or the link to have it blocked later on.
- On the prompt, you will see under the line, something like the random numbers such as #127.0.0. LocalHost and #::1 Localhost. You must be wondering what it is going to do with the website that you want to block. Well, as the matter of fact, this is only an example because here, you will have those links or the websites addressed that you want to block.
- Make sure how many websites that you want to block; are they one, two, three or more than that? Just be sure to have the link address. You can go online first, in order to help you copy the link or the website address that you want to block before coming back to the notepad to paste there.
- Here is how to permanently block a website from your computer. Once you have been sure about the website address that you want to block then you can visit the prompt back that still open in the notepad. In this case, you can paste the link you have copy to the last line. By adding the same numbers as the line above it then paste the links to change the
- Once you are done with the process then you should save it. By clicking on the File tab on the top left of the prompt. Close the prompt or the pop-up once you’re done.
- Have your computer or your laptop rebooted or restarted. This is the only way to make what you have done is going to work in the system of your computer. Only then you can be sure to connect it to the internet and to access the link to find out whether you still are able to access it or not.
Those are the simple steps on how to permanently block a website from your computer. As the words permanently so that means it does not matter what browser you use to connect to internet, still the website is going to be blocked from being accessed through your computer, unless you have your system reinstalled or you have made some changes on the on the prompt again.